How can you make remote work manageable and efficient for your company?
Something that I’ve learned is the power of hiring an online business manager. Someone who can examine your business and be a second set of eyes on your projects is essential. That’s why I brought on Stephanie Veraghen.
In this episode, you’ll hear why a project manager could be exactly what you need to solve your frustrations. Overwhelmed with systems, production, or even how team members interact with one another? She shares her advice for it all in this episode.
What an online business manager does is very different from a virtual assistant. This person can help you put systems in place for scaling your business.
Stephanie brings knowledge from years of working with all types of businesses. She dives into what a standard operating procedure (SOP) is and why you need them.
We also talk about communication in remote teams. Stephanie shares a few of her favorite project management tools, as well. Plus she explains why project management is an essential first step to take!
As we had this conversation, it sparked new ideas of things I can work on in my own business. Listen closely, because Stephanie shares plenty of valuable tips for you.
In episode 17 of Small Stage, Big Impact we discuss
- [4:34] How Stephanie became an expert in remote work
- [5:56] Her experience of creating structures and processes to help restaurants scale their businesses and how this shifted into digital projects
- [7:33] Systems you should have in place to ensure things run smoothly within your business
- [9:32] What project management is and why it’s an important first step
- [10:30] How Stephanie helps client’s figure out which project management tool to use
- [13:46] How Stephanie uses weekly calls to help clients rework their game plan and adjust their business
- [16:29] Why communication is critical for remote teams
- [19:08] What an SOP is and how to use them in your business to make things run more effectively
- [22:36] How she helps them implement SOPs after they’ve been created
- [23:41] What she’s seen different businesses struggle with within their project management
- [26:38] Why a second set of eyes on you business can be helpful
- [28:13] Stephanie’s process for working with new clients in their business
- [30:08] What a virtual assistant is and how they differ from what Stephanie does for her clients
- [34:40] Why you might want to consider hiring a contractor versus an employee
- [38:32] Small things that can become a big problem if employees leave and you don’t have SOPs in place
- [40:48] Thinking about the things in your business that can be made into templates as issues come up
- [42:41] What Stephanie does as a business coach to help clients beyond project management
Resources mentioned by Stephanie and Renia in the episode:
- Project Management Tools We Mentioned:
- Connect with Stephanie:
About Stephanie Veraghen
As an online business manager, coach and project manager, Stephanie Veraghen works with companies and individuals to create innovative ideas, products, and business solutions. With over a decade of experience working with brands such as:
- Akers Media Group,
- DNA Celebrity Branding Agency,
- Universal Studios,
- MMGY Global travel marketing firm,
- Fascinate, Inc. with New York Times Best-Selling Author, Sally Hogshead,
- and many others.
Stephanie has proven herself to be a valuable asset in the world of business.
Her extensive background in restaurant management, training, marketing, and operations paired with an A.S. degree in Graphic Design, a bachelor’s degree in Advertising/Public Relations from the University of Central Florida, and a life coaching certification, have allowed her to become a multi-faceted consultant with a thorough understanding of how all parts of a business operation.
Knowing that every client’s needs are different, Stephanie’s unique skills allow her to fully understand, create, and customize plans that work specifically for each organization. This approach to the branding and marketing industry is uncommon, which makes her experience and innovative ideas a powerful combination.
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Help Us Spread the Message to Others
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews help spread the word and mean the world to me.
Small Stage, Big Impact is hosted by Renia Carsillo (that's me!). I am hardcore passionate and committed to bringing the systems and strategies that give big brands an unfair advantage to local businesses. For that reason, I created the Local Rock Star Intensive, where I help local business owners use their small stage to have a BIG impact. Thank you for being here and reading this far!